December 18, 2020 — Each week, Indeed shares the latest information on the impact COVID-19 is having on the labor market, job seekers and employers.
Here’s what happened the week of December 14, 2020:
- Paul Wolfe shared insights with CNN Business on how job seekers can best work toward a career switch during the pandemic. He said, “Taking stock of all your skills will help you identify which ones are transferable to other industries.”
- Economist AnnElizabeth Konkel spoke with MarketWatch about the increase in “vaccine” related searches on Indeed in the first week of December 2020. She said, “There’s been an uptick in the share of job postings that contain phrases like ‘COVID-19 vaccine’, ‘coronavirus vaccine’ in the job description.”
- Indeed Career Guide released a list of the 20 fastest-growing jobs in the US to consider in the New Year. The jobs featured on the list have a base annual salary of at least $75,000 and have seen a consistent growth in the share of job postings.
- AnnElizabeth also spoke with Yahoo Finance about the increase in jobless claims in the US, saying, “Benefits for millions drying up overnight will likely pull consumption down, meaning businesses will see less revenue coming in. This hurts hiring and could mean further rounds of layoffs.”
- Indeed Career Guide research indicates the 20 most in-demand remote jobs available right now, including “sales representative” and “intelligence analyst”, among others.
- Companies are still hiring. Over 500,000 jobs are added to Indeed each week in the U.S. alone. Here are just some of the companies who are hiring right now:
- Dollar General
- CVS Health
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- So far in 2020, the trend in job postings, a real-time measure of labor market activity, was 11.1% lower than in 2019, as of December 11, as slow improvement continued.
- Indeed has rolled out several product updates to help those whose jobs have been impacted by COVID-19. More information on how job seekers can use these tools to quickly and easily connect with employers in a way that reflects the social distancing and shelter-in-place measures can be found here.
For Indeed media and press inquiries, please contact: