November 6, 2020 — Each week, Indeed shares the latest information on the impact COVID-19 is having on the labor market, job seekers and employers.
Here’s what happened the week of November 2, 2020:
- Chief Economist Jed Kolko spoke with Axios about the trends in job postings on Indeed, comparing data from 2019 to 2020 numbers. He explained, “The places with bigger drops in job postings and steeper job losses over the summer remain the places further behind today.”
- Hiring Lab Research Director Nick Bunker spoke with the Associated Press about October’s job gains in the US. He said, “It was a pleasant surprise to see that the pace of the recovery hasn’t slowed down.”
- Companies are still hiring. Over 500,000 jobs are added to Indeed each week in the U.S. alone. Here are just some of the companies who are hiring right now:
- Taco Bell
- Healthcare Services Group
- So far in 2020, the trend in job postings, a real-time measure of labor market activity, was 14.0% lower than in 2019, as of October 30, another week of improvement.
- Indeed has rolled out several product updates to help those whose jobs have been impacted by COVID-19. More information on how job seekers can use these tools to quickly and easily connect with employers in a way that reflects the social distancing and shelter-in-place measures can be found here.
For Indeed media and press inquiries, please contact: