October 2, 2020 — Each week, Indeed shares the latest information on the impact COVID-19 is having on the labor market, job seekers and employers.
Here’s what happened the week of September 28, 2020:
- Chief Economist Jed Kolko appeared on CNN’s “Markets Now” to discuss the latest job posting trends on Indeed.
- The latest US Jobs Report showed a deceleration in progress from previous months. Nick Bunker told CNBC, “This report is massively concerning. We are not where we need to be, nor are we moving fast enough in the right direction as we head into fall.”
- This week, the Indeed Virtual Hiring Tour hosted 3,440 virtual hiring events in the US Southern region between September 29 – October 2. Over 900 employers participated with over 6,000 open roles to fill.
- Companies are still hiring. Over 500,000 jobs are added to Indeed each week in the U.S. alone. Here are just some of the companies who are hiring right now:
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Best Buy
- So far in 2020, the trend in job postings, a real-time measure of labor market activity, was 17.5% lower than in 2019, as of September 25, the smallest gap with last year’s trend since late March.
- Indeed has rolled out several product updates to help those whose jobs have been impacted by COVID-19. More information on how job seekers can use these tools to quickly and easily connect with employers in a way that reflects the social distancing and shelter-in-place measures can be found here.
For Indeed media and press inquiries, please contact: