STAMFORD, CT. August 23, 2006 – Indeed.com, the most comprehensive search engine for jobs, continues to strengthen its leadership position as the premiere resource for online job seekers. This year, Indeed established key partnerships with leading online publishers, rolled out the industry’s first pay-per-click job advertising network, and added numerous job seeker tools and Web site enhancements.
Since 2004, Indeed has pioneered a radical new approach to job search that allows job seekers, media partners and job advertisers to benefit from the power and breadth of online search. Indeed’s vision and strategic execution have attracted prominent investors including The New York Times Company, Union Square Ventures and Allen & Company.
“The job search experience we offer is unrivalled,” said Paul Forster, CEO of Indeed. “Indeed.com has over 10 times as many jobs as any job board, and we are dedicated to providing job seekers with all the tools they need for an effective and successful job search.”
Notable Indeed milestones during 2006 include:
- A 300% increase in job searches over the past year – Indeed.com now has over one million unique users and 25 million searches every month, over three times more than any direct competitor, according to comScore Media Metrix.
- New job search tools and Web site enhancements – Indeed.com has continued to enhance the relevance and comprehensiveness of its job search results and has added new tools to help job seekers find the most appropriate and current job opportunities. Indeed’s suite of tools includes email job alerts, RSS job search feeds, jobs by Instant Messenger, Firefox and Google job search plug-ins, advanced search refinement, job search management with my.indeed, job trends and salary research.
- The first pay-per-click job advertising network – Indeed now has over 150 advertising clients utilizing this unique system which differs from both typical pay-per-click keyword advertising of general search engines and from conventional pay-per-listing classified advertising. Employers, recruiters and job boards may sponsor their jobs to drive highly qualified candidates directly to individual job listings on their own Web sites. Job advertisers don’t have to pick keywords or write advertising copy and can fine-tune their campaigns by specifying a budget and by altering the price-per-click to make their jobs more or less visible.
- Multiple content agreements with major online media – Indeed has partnered with industry-leading properties including The New York Times Online, Boston.com, About.com, A9.com, and Gawker Media. Their users benefit from Indeed’s comprehensive job search and Indeed’s advertisers now reach their audiences of millions of unique users. Indeed’s Publisher Program has also allowed hundreds of online publishers to add the Indeed Jobroll – a customized and dynamically updating listing of jobs.
“I just wanted to say thanks! Your job search with e-mail alert is the best, fastest, and most extensive job search resource ever!” said Steve Hesterman, a job seeker living in Crescent City, California. “You have enabled me to stay three steps ahead of my competition on several local job opportunities. Most of my would-be competition never even learned of these job opportunities – it was as if I was the only one in town who knew – thanks to you!”
More people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. Indeed is the #1 job site in the world and allows job seekers to search millions of jobs on the web or mobile in over 60 countries and 28 languages. More than 200 million people each month search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed, and Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for thousands of companies (sources: SilkRoad & iCIMS). For more information, visit indeed.com.
For Indeed media and press inquiries, please contact:
Media Relations, Austin
+1 (647) 256-3889
+44 (0) 203 192 1563
- Australia and New Zealand:
- Rest of World:
Director, International PR
+353 1 (254)-3335